In a deal that has shocked Wall Street, Facebook announced on Wednesday afternoon that it will purchase Whatsapp for a total of $16 billion in cash and stock. Facebook shares took a plunge before recovering slightly in after-hours trading. Facebook shareholders appeared to be unhappy with the move. Whatsapp has a total user base of 450 million, with this deal, Facebook has payed around $42 per user.
- Four Die in Horrific Accident After Porshe Driver Loses Control
- Man who tried to capture 100kg python strangled to death
- Nokia to bring back legendary 3310
- Kim Jong-un’s half brother killed in Malaysia
- Why Do Surgeons Wear Green or Blue Overalls?
- Germans outraged as US plays Nazi version of anthem
- Woman pilot removed after ranting over Donald Trump
- Chinese man sprays insecticide into ear to kill trapped cockroach